- This waistline-friendly snack can do more than help you slim down
- Almonds are in the peach family.The nut we know as the almond is technically the hard-shelled fruit of the almond tree, itself a member of the prunus family
- Almonds are among the lowest-calorie nuts.Per one-ounce serving, almonds are tied with cashews and pistachios at 160 calories. They also have more calcium than any other nut, plus nearly 9 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, 6 grams of protein, and 3.5 grams of fiber per ounce.
- Almonds are best for you raw or dry-roasted.
- Almonds pack quite the disease-fighting punch. According to 2006 research, just one ounce of almonds contains about the same amount of polyphenols, antioxidants thought to help fight off heart disease and cancer, as a cup of broccoli or green tea
- Soaked for 18-24 hours by changing water 4 times in between
- Shadow dried for 3 days
- Ghee roasted